My presentations focus on the practical applications of the Internet. Whether you are trying to attract new customers with online marketing; retain existing customers with a customer service program or simply enhance your organizations communications processes, the Internet can be an extremely valuable tool when you know how to use it.
The future is here, and it is portable. Tablet computing, marketing automation systems, smart phones, e-readers, cloud computing and miniature digital cameras. The Internet age continues to develop with solutions that can be taken literally anywhere you go. Web 3.0 also refers to the highly personalized use and delivery of content, and the geo-tagging content and services to your location. You are in downtown Chicago and you use your phone app to locate the closest coffee house and find out if any of your friends are in the neighborhood. When they arrive you share your vacation photos or business plan on your iPad. Here are some of the sites that can make a difference in your personal and professional life.
- Basecamp – project management in the cloud.
- Dropbox – a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!
- SlideShare – share your powerpoint presentations.
- MeetUp – neighbors getting together to do something, share something.
- Pinterest – content sharing on topics you love.